Measuring the impact of design is critical so that design teams can prove their value internally, scale up, and elevate their strategic influence. In this episode, Principal Analyst, Gina Bhawalkar, joins us to answer the question: What steps can companies take to measure the business impact of experience design? The complexity of this topic and wealth of examples led to a long episode, so we’ve included an episode guide to the key discussion points below:
- 00:00: Why do you need to measure the impact of design?
- 8:30: What hinders measurement efforts today, and what is “metric phobia”?
- 11:00: How can organizations overcome measurement hurdles today?
- 14:30: What are the five best practices to create a design measurement plan?
- 25:00: What about creating an ROI model?
Click the titles below for more on this topic:
- Research Overview: The Design Revolution
- How To Scale Your Design Organization
- When Companies Question The Value Of Design – Alan Cooper
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS | Subscribe